Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Work in Progress: Interlude


Hi everyone!  I hope you all had a great holiday.  I know I've eaten way too many latkes this year...so I'll be throwing my scale out the window until the whole holiday thing is over.  I don't even dare to step one little toe on it.  New Year is coming up, super excited to have a nice clean slate to start things over again. 2012 better be a good one. *shakes fist*  A year of positive change and new hope for the future, that's the only resolution I ever make, mostly  because I can never keep any of the other ones I make.*giggles*

Anyway, I've been busy these last few weeks getting my one shot manga done before the middle of January.  I have just two pages left to screen tone, and I'll be very happy once it's done and sent off because another idea for a story has popped into my head, making it very hard to focus on anything much else. I feel like I'm going to explode with it if I don't get it out soon. Stranger still, is that I'm having dreams about it, which has never happened in the past in any of the stories I've done before.  Maybe that's a good sign, who knows.

I have managed to get some line art done for other drawings when I've needed a break from toning the comic.  This drawing here is a little prize for someone on Deviant Art.  I hold Kiriban, which on DA means when you reach a certain amount of page views and someone takes a screen cap of it and notes it to you, they win a drawing.  Two people won this time, I have yet to fully get to the other, but I have a new fondness for drawing couples and I just could not resist this charming couple.  Did I mention that I love pointy ears as well? I do! So another bonus score for wanting to draw this.I still don't know what colours I'm going to use, but, if anyone has some suggestions I'm quite open to hear them.  Only took an hour to ink, but three days just to find the right reference to use for them.  I do hope she likes it when she gets it.*crosses fingers*

Oh! Before I dash off to tone more pages, I shall be opening a paper doll contest soon!  I'm just finishing working out the details of the rules and what not, so stay tuned and I'll be posting about that in a short while.  The prize will be your own personalized paper doll. 

Happy New Year my dear wonderful friends, may this year be a bright and happy one!  I'll be catching up with all of you this weekend, so expect to see me Christmas ghosting your lovely blogs. Have a creative week!

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! i love what you have so far! and i have to sympathize with you! Staying fit during the holidays is easier said than done! It's like an up-hill battle! o.O anyway, Happy New Year and I hope your resolutions for 2012 are accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Erin, this is just so sexy! Makes me all giddy just looking at it. My favorite part of a kiss has always been that moment right before the lips meet....and the pointy ears....love 'em!!

    I think you dreaming of the next story is a very good sign! I believe that a lot of important matters are solved in our dreams....or perhaps, in this case, solidfied!
    Can't wait to hear it!

    Hope your New Year is filled with fresh opportunity, abundant health and an increase in prosperity!

    Big hugs,
    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy new year!!!! congratulations on your wonderful years worth of work. May 2012 be jam packed with exciting new opportunites for u!!!
    from ur blogging friend evan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I love the energy between these two! So delicious. Magic gorgeous piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh..! Your lines are just heavenly! You draw couples so beautifully *____* ahh and I can't wait to see more about your manga project.. and the contest sounds fun too :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by to visit me and leave a comment! It means more to me than you could know. Even though I may run late, I always reply to thoughtful messages ASAP. Have a lovely week!