Sunday, January 27, 2013

Illustration Friday: Wings


Yay!  Laptop is working and the little bug on my blog that was not allowing me to upload pictures has been fixed. Woot...good Sunday!  I hope you all are having a good weekend, my lovelies. 

So! I have finally managed to join in on an Illustration Friday topic, taken me months to get on the ball with that again as it takes me a long time to finish a drawing sometimes, so, I tend to miss the topics most weeks.  I decided to go with a bit of fan artwork for the current topic of Wings.  I picked the character Stocking from the anime show "Pantie and Stocking with Garter belt".  Which is about two angels that come to earth to kick all sorts of evil bum. *laughs*  It's not for kids as it full of nasty humor and situations, but, thoroughly enjoyable in the hip animation style and it's well written.  I like Stocking best as she fights with these two Katana swords that are actually stockings she wears on her legs, plus she has gorgeous dark purple, almost like a deep blue, and pink long flowing hair.  I also chose to go with her transformation sequence look, as she's really pretty in it.  Which is a bit jarring when you see it for the first time.  It goes from super hip chibi style animation to something you'd see from Satoshi Kon (The Director of "Tokyo Godfathers" and "Paprika").

I used my trusty watercolour pencils, which I use dry, sepia ink and gold jelly roll pens just for some highlights.  This took me about a week to do and was done at the beginning of this month.  I know it's nothing recently new, as I'm so engrossed on working on my book and the illustrations for it that I couldn't find enough time to fit a new drawing in, but, I really wanted to participate in Illustration Friday this week.

On a side note,  I wrote a short story in November and actually sent it off to an anthology press to see what would happen and I just got a reply back last week. The story didn't make it into the book, but, it was the best rejection letter I have ever gotten in a long time!  I haven't done a submission, a writing submission, to anywhere since 2006.  So it's encouraged me much to keep plowing on with writing and try again and get stronger with telling a story.  I think I'm finally on the right track this year. Yay!

Well, my mum's needs the laptop while it's working, I'll catch up with all of your lovely posts and creative awesomeness tonight.  Love you all and have a super brilliant, creative week my wonderful blog friends. Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. oooh, such a lovely piece of art! I love all the details.

    congratulations for feeling as though you are on track, that is so wonderful! keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's super beautiful! Fantastic detail: her eyes, the landscape in the background, the window frame, her outfit, love it all! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you, all your hard work, and wonderful goals. Kudos for braving the submission process again. I love your wings piece and the back story. Wonderful work, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's beautiful! :D I keep meaning to do the illustration friday but I always forget -_-;;

    I'm really, really, really unbelievably excited about this illustrated book you're talking about. I've been wanting to do something like an illustrated book, but with an adult story line rather than a simple children's story.

    Anyway, miss you! Best of luck with all of your endeavors! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by to visit me and leave a comment! It means more to me than you could know. Even though I may run late, I always reply to thoughtful messages ASAP. Have a lovely week!