Monday, April 21, 2014

Springing back to life- Or known As Long art filled post!


Hi everyone! Happy spring to you all.  I've been gone from blogger for much too long now, longer than I would ever had wanted.  Things have been rather crazy lately and I had a serious bout of a very dark depression that robbed me of all motivation and drive to do or create anything. I'm very glad to say now though, that I'm finally crawling out of it.  I've never been in an Art Block before and I hope never to experience that again.  Now, with a fresh, new and happy outlook on life again; I'm overflowing with art ideas and story ideas again and I'm so excited to get started on doing work again!  I don't think I'll be able to draw fast to enough to get all the ideas out. *Laughs*

After this three month break, I'm so glad to be back here and to get back to blogging again. <3

So, I know it's not much of a return gift to you guys, but I have some line art up of Harry Potter, which you can see up there.  I hope to have it finished at some point.  This is a "Thank You" for always coming by my blog with all the awesome comments.  You all rock!

I turned thirty-four on the sixth of this month:





(I'm about eight years old here. ^_^) For the first time, it actually feels weird to be this age.  I kept going over and over that for the last week. *laughs* But, I'll still never, ever act my age or grow up.  I'll leave growing up for six months after I die, far in the future. Haha!  Cartoons and sugar cereals on a Saturday morning forever!

My mum bought me a DVD copy of "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug".  I cannot wait for the final film to come out.

I also did a little bit of  video game fan art last month:




This is "Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time".  It's 8 1/2 x 11 " , pencil and white ink on Deleter Art paper.  It took me what felt like forever to get this done. *Laughs*  I've been playing so much of this game lately, that the art bug bit me quite hard and I wanted to show how much I adore Link and the Zelda games.  Plus it was fun to draw what Navi might look like, outside of a floating ball of light in the games.  

The Great Deku Tree came out a bit darker than I would have liked, but that's alright...I think it still came out wicked looking! ^_^


I also had a marvelous surprise in the beginning of March:
 
 

I was flipping through the current issue of Cloth Paper Scissors and found my submission for The Faces of Mixed Media art call, in their current issue...alongside of some pretty wonderful and creative artists.  I was so happy to see it there!  It was a bolt of sunshine in the chilly March weather.


Also did some random line art for a picture book I've put on hold for now,  as I want to focus on getting back to my novel with no distractions.  And adding a picture book to that makes it hard to focus on one story.




So this is a sketch of the main character, who for now is called "The Grey Girl".  I hope to get back to her when my novel series is finished.


*Phew* Okay, so that's all for today.  There's so much more I want to share, but I'll leave that for another day, as I don't want to bog you all down. *Laughs*  I am going to announce a challenge that my mum has given to me to keep me going next post.  It's worked wonders in keeping my motivation up.

Wishing you all a happy, creative week!  Many hugs to you. Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased to see you back! I know how depression feels, I struggle with it from time to time and it makes me stop doing anything creative. Forcing myself to keep on painting is almost physically painful (!) but when I do, it helps me come out of it slowly, slowly. :) Your legend of Zelda drawing is STUNNING! It was worth every minute you spent on it even though you say it took forever to do. Good luck with the book! x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello hello!
    so glad you came through the other side of depression, that is no fun, sometimes easy to get lost in and hard to remember to climb out of.

    your art is looking awesome! I love all the jewels and how real they look and in pencil- that is a skill! Each detail is amazing and i am amazed at home much you can put in one page, it is like an entire story in one piece.

    Birthdays are interesting, one year they mean so little and others hit us with all sorts of feelings and thoughts. Ah, to be 34..... a wonderful age! Do enjoy.

    wishing you a beautiful new year, full of dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, i totally relate after a long blogging absence and depression that comes and goes and leaves me unable to follow my passion of art. Congrats on the magazine feature, so positive. Am glad the creativity is flowing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by to visit me and leave a comment! It means more to me than you could know. Even though I may run late, I always reply to thoughtful messages ASAP. Have a lovely week!